A new twist on an old cookie – Maple cookies made with Rock Maple Mountain (or Snowshoe Pond) 100% pure organic maple syrup and maple sugar. This recipe is sure to please at any holiday table this season.
The batch of cookies we made here at Rock Maple Mountain was intended to have bacon “bits” sprinkled on top… Sadly the maple cookies were gone before the bacon was done! So if anyone does manage to make these with the bacon sprinkles, let us know! Check out the original recipe from Craig Gund at “Allrecipes.com”.
Recipe By: Craig Gund
“Rich and golden with a rich maple flavor.”
• 1 cup butter, softened
• 1 cup packed brown sugar (we substituted granular maple sugar!)
• 1 egg
• 1 cup real maple syrup
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/3 cup granulated (maple) sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Add the egg, syrup, and vanilla. Mix until well blended. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir into mixture until well blended. Shape into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar. Place on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart and flatten slightly.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Let cool on wire rack.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2019 Allrecipes.com
Printed From Allrecipes.com 11/20/2019