Summer is at a close and we wanted to share a special recipe that is perfect for warming up your kitchen as the days get colder. We’ve already shared our Maple Sweet & Sour Meatballs with you and now we have another delicious meatball recipe you can try: Apple Cider Maple Meatballs.
Apple and maple have a long history of perfectly complementing each other, especially in desserts. Add maple sugar and syrup to an apple crisp or pie for a scrumptious twist to homemade classic.
Today, we’re going for sweet and savory with a combination of apple cider, apple cider vinegar, and maple syrup slow cooked with your favorite Italian or homemade meatballs.
50 ½ oz. cooked meatballs (frozen Italian or homemade)
2 c. Apple cider
½ c. Maple syrup
3 TBSP apple cider vinegar
2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
1. Spray slow cooker with cooking spray or use a liner.
2. Turn the slow cooker on to low.
3. Place the meatballs in the slow cooker.
4. Combine the apple cider, maple syrup, and apple cider vinegar and pour over the meatballs.
5. Place the chopped apples on top
6. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low heat for 4 to 8 hours. Turn to warm after that.
7. Serve warm with additional chopped apples if desired.